Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What we've been up to

I've barely blogged lately. Okinawa just doesn't feel so new and fresh anymore that I'm excited to write about it. Thomas is always good for an adventure though and we have been keeping him busy.



He is loving Halloween this year. He talks about "scady ghosts" all day. He loves spidey's and bats and gets very excited while talking about trick or treating and getting candy. He was pretending to be a ghost in his Dad's hoodie.


This picture is two milestones for my boy. One, he's forward facing....breaks my heart. The other is that this was his last day with his binkie. He barely even whined for it too so we think he was ready to move on from it.


We've gone to the beach a lot lately. I think it's because I know winter will be here before I know it and we want to hang out by the ocean as much as we can when it's warm.


We've been trying to do more "school" type activities with T. Just keeping it fun and casual and focusing on things he wants to learn about. He loves letters, especially W. He also much prefers painting to coloring.

He's been loving his dinosaur book he got for his birthday and really likes the poster that came with it.

These next few pictures are of him telling me all about the different things we could carve into our pumpkin. He carries around the book of them like it's a storybook.


These are all out of order. I don't like blogger for this reason. Anyway, this is more of the school type activities we've been doing. He really liked the prewriting practice and cheered when he got the trick or treaters to the haunted house. I hold his hand for the first few ones and then I let him go on his own.

Josh teaches him things too, like how to use the rubber grip for jars to open the fridge.

And feed himself grapes.

He built this whole track almost by himself. He needed a little help at the end to connect the loop but he was so close to doing it alone.

All of these pictures really hit home that he's not a baby anymore. We're having so much fun with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment