Thursday, August 5, 2010

Is this culture shock?

Sometimes I have really good days where my hormones are all balanced and I have patience. Today is not one of those days.

I bought a calling card. I can't figure it out. I bought it because it's been a month now that I haven't heard my parent's voices. I know that for some people that isn't a big deal but it is to me. I happen to like my parents.

All of the Japan access numbers were busy. I don't think they're supposed to be busy. Every website I went to while trying to figure it out was in Japanese. Google translator wasn't even helping. I was so frustrated.

Luckily Thomas came up and gave me a hug and patted my back. Now maybe he's just doing what he knows people do when someone is crying, but I'd like to believe that he understands empathy. Don't bother telling me that he isn't capable of that concept just yet.

Then Josh called and told me that none of our stuff is here. None of our things are even on the way. The carriers haven't even heard from the contractors who have our belongings. What the hell have they been doing with our stuff for a month now? WTF?

If I was pregnant this would have been enough to drive me to hysterics. I would have been walking to the BX to buy chairs and pillows that I would immediately construct into some sort of fort. Then I would have bought a tv and a season or two of Gilmore Girls and camped out in my living room, bathing in self pity and homesickness.

But I'm not. (Thank God)

So I'm going to deal with it. Sit on the hardwood floor. Continue using balled up sheets as pillows.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that's terrible. I'm sorry you have to go through that. You're not alone about talking to parents. My mom is out of the country right now, went back home to visit her mom for the summer. I call her every other day, if not every day. I just want to hear her voice and know that she is OK.

    ReplyDelete