Sunday, August 29, 2010

Manly conversations....

Let me set up the scene...

We went to one of Josh's coworkers houses today for a cookout. His wife and I were at the kitchen table talking while all of the guys sat on the couch playing Call of Duty.

Single Guy was looking at us and said to our husbands

Single Guy: "You better watch out! They're plotting against you, lol"

Married Guy: "You aren't married dude, you don't even know."

Josh: "Yea, that's a great thing man, if they're friends then we get off easy."

Married Guy: "Exactly, they can go get pedicures and we can sit here and play video games and they'll be happy when they get home."

Single Guy just looked confused.

He'll learn. Eventually.

It feels like dating, this whole making married friends thing, because you have to both like both of them for it to really work well. I mean I'm sitting here hoping that she liked me too! They have two little boys just a little older than Thomas and seem to enjoy just hanging out with friends like we do...yay for the possibility of new friends!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, it is so tough! We always either find the Husband to be cool or the wife but not both so I hope it turns out great for you guys. That or after a few meetings we realize they are horrible parents...way to hard to be friends and disagree on so much. Good luck, I hope you have found a good couple! I think it is easier in overseas locations too because everyone is without family so it seems to be easier to bond.

    ReplyDelete