Thursday, August 26, 2010

Now would be a good time to learn how to sew.....

I've had a hard time finding clothes that fit for as long as I can remember. It's about ten times worse here.

I'm a very weird shaped person. If pants fit my waist then my legs are swimming. If a shirt fits my shoulders and chest then it balloons elsewhere or is WAY too long. In general all capris hit me mid calf, skirts are too long....so on and so forth. So I either look like a little kid wearing her mommy's clothes, or like a pathetic 20 something still shopping in the teen section.

I've tried on pretty much every article of clothing at the BX and none of them fit me. Literally. The few brands they carry just don't fit me. Of course I could get things that are sort of close and get them tailored, but they don't stock cheap clothing. They stock under armor for all workout gear, and a lot of Micheal Kors and Seven jeans. I'm used to Old Navy or Target pricing...ugh.

So sure I can order online, except I usually have to try on 2 or 3 sizes to find what works in that particular store. I looked at the clothes I already own and I have sizes from medium to extra large from the same brand.

All the clothes out in town are made for teeny tiny people. These girls have no chests or hips at all. You should see the bra section out in town, it's hilarious.

I'm giving up at the moment. I'll just look like a hobo I guess, and save my money for some sort of "What Not to Wear" spree when we get back home.

I've never missed malls as much as I do at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment